The YMC Business Simulation Challenge
When? Wednesday 6 June 2018 from 12.30-16.30
A taste of the Young Managers Club – The YMC Business Simulation Challenge is a four-hour business simulation game in which participants run a manufacturing company in teams over two rounds. After an initial process of researching the market and setting goals, participants tackle challenging situations and plan and execute business decisions. Decisions and events within the program relate to strategy, financial performance, profitability, and return on investment. All teams will be reviewed on a final scoreboard which will motive all teams to achieve higher performance.
- Two rounds, two products, two in-built competitors
- Seven variables to adjust in planning tools (revenues, SG&A, R&D, and IT expenses)
- Eight possible strategic initiatives per round
- Four scenarios to respond to per round
- Four KPIs that are impacted by decisions
- Updatable SWOT analysis
- Nine end-of-round feedback screens with analysis of data
- Final score and leaderboard
- Teams will be composed by team captains
- Competition between ‘seniors’ and ‘juniors’
- The workshop is open to all forum delegates
This experience enables participants to practice making tough, real-world business decisions in a risk-free environment, consider how business units contribute to the larger organization’s goals, appreciate the impacts of pressures and challenges that senior leaders and buyers grapple with every day, discover the most important drivers of profitability for current and future customers, and feel more confident when making decisions, working as a team, and driving client impact.
Additional costs 150€ per delegate. Registration via the regular online registation form.
Build the future of your business!